“Music is not a profession. Music is a way of life – one that requires much professionalism”
«Music Really Is the World’s Universal Language»
«SmartAudio Recording Lab» — is a professional recording studio, located in a picturesque part of Kirov city, Russia.
The construction of a brand new recording facility was finished in 2018, and right away it became one of the most attractive music places in the region.
Our engineers have completed an internship/education:
– Nashville, TN (USA) in 2015 under the mentorship of some of the world-renowned grammy-awarded engineers:
• Vance Powell (The BlackBird Studios / The Sputnik Sound),
• Buford Jones (FOH engineer for Pink Floyd, Faith Hill),
• Other studios and engineers: Ocean Way Nashville (orchestral recording), David Axelrod (The Benchmark Sound), Rick Chapman (private studio), Chuck Ainlay’s BackStage Studio, Middle Tennessee State University Studios.
– St. Petersburg (Russia) in 2016 during the two-day recording and mixing seminar devoted to classical music under the mentorship of Vladimir Ryabenko, the chief engineer at Mariinsky Theatre.
– Moscow (Russia) in 2018 as part of 5-week mixing and mastering online-course by Musicheads School under the mentorship of Konstantin Matafonov, one of the leading russian engineers.
Quiet please! Recording in progress!
«I’m wondering whether, as musicians, the most important thing we do is merely
to provide a frame for silence… And is silence the most perfect music of all?»
«SmartAudio Recording Lab» — is a modern media center with perfect silence. The studio is located in a countryside, a picturesque part of Kirov city. There are no airports or highways nearby, no crowded streets, no factories or any other noisy facilities. This means that our studio is free of any noise that can come from outside.
The control room and the main tone hall are actually two independent buildings, which don’t have any common walls. They both have their own ventillation systems in order to prevent any noise interference through ventillation ducts. The only thing that these two rooms are adjoined by is the control room window, which consists of four spaced angled thick glasses, that weigh around 500 kg together.
Welcome or Members only
«SmartAudio Recording Lab» is more than just a recording studio — it is an organized infrastructure. We offer comfortable accomodation for all our guests in a beautiful park-hotel “Dubrovsky” (visit the website). The hotel is located in 3-minute distance from the studio by car. If you decide to stay in the city center then we suggest to visit “Tsentralnaya Hotel” (visit the website). It takes only 15-20 minutes to get to the studio from there. For all our guests we provide some icing on the cake in the form of a discount at both hotels 🙂
Moreover, for non-resident musicians we provide a transfer from airport or railway station to the studio and vice versa – a comfortable mini-van is at your disposal :). The only thing you should do is to get to our city by any means of transport you like. Please, welcome!